Here’s an easy to make recipe for Kheer(rice pudding), anyone can make it! It is served as a dessert. Below are the two versions, it can either be made with sugar or with honey.
A 5 qt. stainless steel saucepot and a table spoon
- 2 oz. Basmati rice uncooked
- 33 oz. Organic whole milk
- 15 teaspoons Turbinado raw cane sugar
- 9 Green cardamom pods peeled and ground
- 9 Walnuts de-shelled and chopped
- 9 Almonds sliced
- few strands of saffron soaked and mixed in two ounces of lukewarm milk
- Wash the rice.
- In the steel saucepot put approximatey 20 oz. of milk, setting aside the remaing portion, now add rice to this. Stir.
- Bring it to a boil on medium heat. Add the rest of the 13 oz. milk in parts.
- Simmer and cook, stirring occassionally in between, till the milk is reduced to 2/3rd of it’s original quantity. The milk should not stick at the base hence, care should be taken to stir in between, simmering and prevent it’s overflow from the vessel.
- Add sugar and stir.
- Add the cardamom powder,walnuts, almonds and stir.
- Remove from the stove.
- Let it cool.
- Serve it cold.
Directions for the one with honey:
In this recipe, if you want, you can use honey in place of sugar. You can add 4 tablespoons of honey, instead of 15 teaspoons of sugar. You must add the honey after removing it from the stove and stir.