This is an exuberant dish with an Indian flair. It’s healthy, flavorful and wholesome. The main ingredient carrot has carotenoids, vitamin A and antioxidants that promotes healthy vision. The turmeric is a potent anti-inflammatory and powerful antioxidant. The red chili pepper and mustard seeds rev up your metabolism. The leguminous peanuts are a good source of protein, vitamins and minerals. The zesty lemon is rich in vitamin C. All in all an antioxidant packed dish that removes free radicals from your body.
Serves : 4
- 2 lbs. whole carrots
- 10 oz. Swad or Laxmi peanuts(without shell)
- 3 teaspoon peanut oil or any other cooking oil of your choice
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/3 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 lemon
* You may find the spices and the desired peanuts from any Indian grocery store. Carrots are available at any produce market.
- Roast the whole peanuts in a pan. Let it cool. Place them in between the palms of your hands and rub them. Spread them on a flat plate. Blow away the skin.
- Grind the peanuts until you get a coarsely and crumbly texture.
- Wash the carrots. Peel them. Grate them. Set aside.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a wok.
- Splatter the mustard seeds. Add coarsely ground peanuts. Stir.
- Add the grated carrots. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric, red pepper and salt. Stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the burner.
- Squeeze in the lemon. Mix.
- Serve and enjoy!
© Copyright – All rights reserved.
You are welcome to print, copy and share this recipe, provided you mention our web address iheartcreation.com The information can be used freely for non-profit, sharing or educational purpose. It cannot be used for commercial purpose or resale without prior permission from it’s author who can be reached at email@example.com